[OM] monopod

Subject: [OM] monopod
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:20:33 -0700
Picked up a monopod at a garage sale last Saturday. Seems to be pretty
well made aluminum with twist lock legs Gitzo style. Also has "feet"
stored in the bottom end which can be splayed out to form a stand of
sorts. However the small ball on top is missing the threaded bit that
screws into the base of the camera. The threads in the ball appear to be
a metric size, perhaps 5mm or so. At least no US standard screw I had
would fit. So where would I find such a part?  I would have the correct
male threads on the bottom  which would screw into the ball and a
standard 1/4" camera mount on the top.  Or maybe I just wasted a buck :)

Mike