[OM] Re: various musings...

Subject: [OM] Re: various musings...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:56:52 -0700
Two thoughts.

There is ink spread with even the best ink jet printer. It covers a
wealth of noise problems. That is one reason that the obsession over
noise is a bit irrelevant if your only goal is printing.

As more and more people are showing their pictures these days on the
web or on a lap top noise is more relevant because it is more
visible, especially on the sharper LCDs at least at 100 percent. I
don't understand why someone would get more noise in the reduced size
for a computer display since my experience and plenty of feedback
from others is that the noise gets less apparent in size reductions.
Maybe some anti-aliasing going on?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA