[OM] Re: Reasonable request

Subject: [OM] Re: Reasonable request
From: Roger Skully <robinsnes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:40:50 -0400
On 6/14/05 12:32 PM, "AG Schnozz" <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Welcome to the Hotel California.
>> Thanks AG. Hope you are well and still making use of the radio
>> control:-)
>
> They stopped communicating a few months back and I've been
> trying to get them to function again.  I resoldered a half-dozen
> resoldered traces in the receiver (which appears to be where the
> problem resides) to no avail. Traced everything down with the
> Fluke 83 and voltage is flowing nicely. With the scanner I've
> verified signal from the transmitter, so I'm currently stumped.
> I've got both opened up on my work-bench.
>
> I hope to get them working quickly, though, as I'm missing them.
>
> So do tell as to why you're trying to leave us?
>
> AG
>

> __________________________________
> Discover Yahoo!
> Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out!
> http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
Going on vacation for several weeks and don't want to plug up the server.
Also, have switched to Canon digital slr's to pay the studio bills, the OM's
are sitting, and have been, for several years. I still have the original
original Olympus digital, but it is only 4mp and so slow and clunky that I
currently use it for a paperweight. It sure earned its keep when it was new,
but had to make a choice and the C****s won out. I think it was the best
choice. Hence, I feel guilty submitting to the TOPE because I now only use
the C stuff. Sad, but true. The Blads are gone, I still have a Rollei for
nostalgia, and no M Leicas, and four OM 1s and a whole swatch of lenses and
a bunch of other toys for the things. Haven't had the heart to sell them,
considering they probably aren't worth much and I really think they are the
neatest 35mm cameras that were ever made. I even have a bellows, double
cable release, etc. That I did have occasion to use last year as I had to do
some real macro stuff for a friend who is a "Sofer" Scribe who write sacred
Hebrew script and he needed to see the detail of some very ancient
manuscript. That was fun. Actually needed full extension of the bellows and
used a 100mm 2,8 lens to give myself some working distance. Of course,
worked off of a big Bogen tripod, set on a dolly, really put on a show for
the poor fellow to justify a really stiff bill he sent his clients.:-) Who
says this isn't fun?
Hope you are well. Good luck getting the thing going again. Those radio
controls are a very necessary gadget in my studio... Couldn't work without
them. I'm so clumsy I don't dare use wires!
Best wishes,
Roger