[OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images

Subject: [OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:11:07 -0700
Rob Harrison wrote:

>Bill, that just sux. Sorry to hear about it.
>
>I've been struggling to develop a back-up system that is me-proof, and I
>think I've pretty much got it. I'm on Macs, running OS X. I have a laptop at
>home, networked computers at the office. I use a LaCie portable 80GB drive
>as the main repository for images,

Well, lets see, the images folder on my primary drive is 40gb and the
one on the larger secondary drive is 126gb. I think I need a different
strategy. {;-o

Of course, I could probably reduce both by 15-25% by dumping the stuff
I'm sure never going to do anything with, but that's very time
consuming. I've already dumped the obviously, and unartictically, fuzzy,
etc.

Part of my problem is that I bought that 4000 dpi scanner. Great
performer, but the files are large and pile up. My long term project of
scanning old film is partly on hold for summer, when I'd rather be out
in the sun, and partly for lack of a backup strategy that I'm
comfortable with. I've got a DVD burner and big stack of blank DVDs, but
I think I need to get a program to catalog all the images and keep track
of whre they are before putting them off the HDs. Any new contenders
since the last thread on this?

Moose