[OM] Re: An English apology !

Subject: [OM] Re: An English apology !
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:09:44 +1200
Hi all

 Willie Wonka wrote

Ouch, that was veeeery low
For some reason there is a picture stuck in my head:
You getting stoned by an angry mob of New Zealanders...Maybe you should
stay on your island for a while...:)
Boris

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:54:44 +1000

Russell Crowe. I rest my case.

AndrewF ..

Boris et al, compared with under-arm bowling at Cricket, this is a mere trifle.

Actually, I laughed when I read that.

People from the land of OZ think different (sic) and make more robust jokes.
Have to get used to that / them.  (jokes  did I say?)    ;-)

For sheer amazement at their highly developed and refined insult technique,
tune in to their parliamentary debates.   The techniques are spread
nationwide throughout the populace by now..

it is necessary to either laugh, develop a thick skin, turn away (not
recommended) or match with similar skill (which I don't even pretend to have).
Or, decide that if one is to be offended, save that for REALLY important
things

I heard my youngest brother, who has been in Queensland for many years,
loudly ask a woman driver who had offended him in a supermarket car-park,
"Where did you pick up your &%#$@ Driver's licence - in a raffle??" (lottery).

An Australian I worked with here for a few years told me about one incident
on the Sydney harbour bridge which he crossed every day, and a guy cut
him off. During one of the many traffic stops in the crossing, and it was a hot
morning and car windows were all down, he leapt out of his car, strode to the
car of the offender, reached in and extracted the ignition keys, and chucked
them over the side of the Bridge into the harbour water hundreds of feet
below.   I do not doubt this to be true. The guy had a very short fuse.

Brian