[OM] Re: various musings...

Subject: [OM] Re: various musings...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:32:59 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>Moose wrote:
>

>>Sounds like he needs icc profiles for the different speeds.
>>Can be done in VueScan.
>>

>Am I missing something here?  Why wouldn't the camera's
>processor already be programmed with the equivalent of the ICC
>profiles for the various ISO speeds?

Well, obviously it should. I was just suggesting a simple solution for
one of those situations where one is economically committed to something
that doesn't quite work perfectly and/or the best tool in most regards
has a little flaw.

>Not being critical of any brand here, just curious.

Why not? A spade is still a spade, even if it says Can*n on the front. :-)

Since I don't do weddings and very little portrait photography, and
maybe because of a personal deficiency and/or my particular camera, I
just haven't run into any problem. The possible slight variations in the
flower shots I posted are not more than I would expect out in the garden
with natural light variations.

Moose