[OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:46:24 -0400
So far the only CD failures I have read about have been partial
failures.  Of course, if what fails is the directory you may still be in
deep trouble.  I've never heard yet of recovery software for a CD or DVD
but guess they may exist.

Based upon the many stories of short lifetimes I think it would be
advisable to recreate your CD's and DVD's every two years.

Chuck Norcutt