[OM] Re: OT Leica bins on the bay.....

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Leica bins on the bay.....
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:20:47 -0400
Agreed. Wonder if they teach that as a Money Making Technique in those
'Learn To Sell On E-Bay' classes.
 I made the mistake of broaching this subject with the FM (Fred Miranda)
digiphoto group a while back and discovered that a number of the members
considered themselves 'ebay merchants'. They lectured me for the remainder
of the thread about how expensive it is to do business through ebay, how
expensive shipping materials and time are, etc.
 I let ebay sellers know when I find their shipping costs out of line. I
tell them that I'm interested in what they are offering, but will not bid
because of the shipping cost. Of those that respond some offer lectures
similar to those of the FM group and some offer a more reasonable rate. In
fact, that just happened. We won two items from the same seller and she
kindly charged shipping only once. It's certainly worth asking for a lower
rate.
 ScottGee1