[OM] storage backup & indexing

Subject: [OM] storage backup & indexing
From: "waldy" <waldy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:09:42 +0100
Hi,

Been a few post about backing up & indexing digital photos.  Though I'd
share the way I do it with you.
I use a web photo album utility to create thumbnails & medium size images of
my photos to create web pages. You can store these locally on your harddrive
or on a web server.  I then archive the original photos off onto dvd & label
the dvd with the folder it came from. (actually use a backup utility to
backup full size files & check for any updates)

Whats left is photo album that is potentially accesible over the web with
all your photo collection with relitivly little storage requirements & all
your precious full size images on DVD or other storage media which you can
locate quickly.

Results look good & you can show your friends and/or customers your photos
as well.

Apologies for the earlier shamless plug for the XA

But you can check the output of this here:

http://www.wizfamily.co.uk/ebay/XA

oops I've done it again!

On a serious basis though this system works well for me.

The album utility I use is
http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/

Its a bit techy but well worth the final effort of setting up.  Sure there
are lots of more windows style phot albums that can be used.

reagrds

Waldy
W.Wisniewski
Systems Engineer