[OM] Vivitar 283 revised

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 283 revised
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
I took the 283 back and traded in on a 285.  I just absolutely
missed the variable power control.  The 285 is much chunkier,
but fits my lifestyle better.

I already shot over 250 pictures with it just this morning.

Strange thing happened with the 283 is that I had two autofocus
lock-ups with it on. (The AF illuminator was stuck on too). Not
a single problem with the 285.  Both register just a hair under
9V on the sync terminals.

The color-temperature of the two units is quite a bit different.
The 283 is published as 5500K wheras the 285HV is 6000K. I
believe it.  The 283 did give slightly better skintones.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com