[OM] Re: Minor milestone of note

Subject: [OM] Re: Minor milestone of note
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:49:37 -0700
A false dichotomy. You can shoot any way you like with film or with
digital.

But most people find they do shoot more with digital. I shoot a
little more with digital because I realize I still have things to
learn. Before I would plan a learning project, set aside film for it,
make notes. Most of your notes are recorded for you so
experimentation can be spontaneous. So I will try things different
ways when before I might not have when it seemed extravagant to push
a lot of film. I always rationed my film on vacation because of cost
of buying and processing and having to carry it. Now I don't worry
about it and don't rationalize not taking extra shots or some shots
that probably will not turn out and waste my film.I find that my
percentage of keepers has not improved and may be a bit worse, but
the number of keepers have and some of them are more daring and more
interesting that the sure thing.  It is not automatically just taking
a bunch of pictures, but thinking about new ways to take them. Lots
of fun.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA