[OM] Re: This will scare you

Subject: [OM] Re: This will scare you
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:58:08 -0600
Stephen Troy wrote:
> I was asked to leave a public area while taking a photo of a train three
> years ago with the quote "don't you know there's a war on?"

  When I was in Seattle a couple of months ago and taking photos of the
library there, it turned out that the best spot I could find was on the
steps of the courthouse one block over. So I'm standing there taking
some shots, a police car pulls up at the bottom of the courthouse steps
and a policeman comes up to ask me what I'm doing.

  I explain; he says "that's fine, just don't take any photos of the
courthouse, security reasons". Now, two things struck me: 1. the
courthouse in Seattle isn't all that photo-worthy, certainly not next to
the new library building; secondly, it's the _courthouse_ in _Seattle_,
for heaven's sake, not exactly an obvious target for folks with bombs.

  -- dan