[OM] Re: It's he-e-e-e-re!

Subject: [OM] Re: It's he-e-e-e-re!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:21:30 -0400
Let me clarify for the Schnozz.  The problem with large and small
apertures only has to do with metering.  The cone of light that the
meter sees from a fast lens is affected by the size of the mirror.
Stopping down a bit returns the situation to normal.  Actual picture
taking is unaffected since the mirror is no longer in the light path.
If you want to take a shot at f/2 for very narrow DOF then meter it at,
say, f/5.6 and set the shutter speed 3 stops faster as you open the lens
back up to f/2.  Alternatively, build your adjustment table for each
lens as suggested below.

Moose has a test page he posted recently (for the second or third time)
that perfectly illustrates the problem as seen on his C*n*n 300D.  The
E-1 will be a little different as will each lens but the same phenomenon
is at work.

Chuck Norcutt