[OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:34:56 -0700

I believe Canon has always out sold Olympus. Couldn't you claim the OM was a
looser?

For sure my perspective is very colored. As long as Olympus keeps pursuing
the 4/3 development the race isn't over. The tough part for Olympus is that
the sensor isn't under their control the way the lens design is. If the 4/3
sensor can have "enough" performance without dramatically increasing
fabrications costs, the smaller size could make it a winner (smaller silicon
is cheaper). I don't think any of the cameras have performance that is
limited by fundamental physics. There are enough C*non 1Ds users looking for
Zuiko lenses that I wouldn't say that Canon has lens development already
completed.

-jeff
Enough performance - 35mm film can't match 6x9 but not very many people look
for 6x9 to make 8x10 or 11x14 prints.