[OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:59:22 -0500
Keep in mind this was early in March, but when I was looking there were
plenty of 875 motherboards available. At least as many as 925 boards.
The only thing that's unique about the DFI board I purchased is that
it's an LGA775 socket and uses DDR PC3200 184 pin memory. Looking around
at places like Tomshardware at the time I didn't see any/enough
performance increase to offset the additional cost of the 925 boards
with DDR 2 memory.

My primary focus was low cost and stability. I got that so I'm very
happy. The 875 chipsets are well worked out at this time so that fits my
requirements. I certainly wouldn't buy anything with a Socket 478
though. That is a dead end.

The newer CPU's do run hotter than the older and slower variety don't
they...