[OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:57:35 +0800
I just wonder why they terminate the 875 (only one in Intel web site now)
and keep a lots of 865 (even 845) mother board. The 775 socket is Intel's
new generation and the CPU price is even cheaper than 478, there is no
reason to buy the old board today. I purchase the 865 mother board in July
last year, at that time the 9xx boards are much more expensive but now their
price are very close (at least the different in dollar is non-significant).
For computer I won't plan for further compatibility as most likely I will
change the board and CPU at the same time two years later, they may have
something new by then.

C.H.Ling