[OM] Help with IS-3???

Subject: [OM] Help with IS-3???
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:00:59 -0500
My IS-3 just locked up! Was taking pictures of some kittens (using a G40
flash)when the zoom became sluggish, then started not responding to the
zoom buttons. Then everything died - no LCD, no zoom, nothing. Replaced
batteries, same thing. When switched on, the LCD briefly flashed the
Program Mode and frame count. Flipped switch a couple of times and life
returned (briefly), then back to "dead". Reset buttons have no effect.
Pressed the mid-roll rewind and that functioned, so I was able to remove
the mostly exposed roll of film. Now it is largely dead, with the lens
partially extended... any diagnoses??? I really like the IS-3 for those
cases where AF is handy (like chasing young kittens around the room), so I
hope that there is some reasonable solution to this problem... worst case,
do either Camtech or Photosphere do repairs on the IS-3 - and is it worth
repairing versus replacement via e*ay? I got this one from Tom Scales, and
have been very pleased with its performance to date... suggestions are
welcomed!  Thanks, Curt