[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:13:26 -0300
On 6/19/05, iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any listees have a Konica-Minolta Scan Dual IV (or Scan Elite II)? Reviews
> are near impossible to find, but the manuf. specs are enticing, especially
> given the price of mid $200s brand new for the SDIV (SEII not even on
> B&H's website).

I'd be interested in info too. In the process of looking at my options
for film scanning. In some ways the Scan Elite II looks pretty
impressive but I have doubts as to how useful the 5400 dpi resolution
is compared to 4000 dpi. If it had some better bulk scanning options
I'd seriously consider it but that's what's pushing me to consider the
Nikon Coolscan 5000 which is *significantly* more money  and the slide
feeder is an expensive accessory. Any thoughts?