[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:07:44 -0300
On 6/19/05, iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hm? The SDIV is 3200dpi, the SEII is ~2800. SE5400 and SEPro are what you
> must be thinking of? But yea, the Nikons are dear!

Yes, I meant the Scan Elite 5400 II. I could afford a Coolscan 5000
and the bulk feeder for slides but then I start thinking that for that
amount of money I could start seriously considering a DSLR system
which would cut down on my need for a film scanner to begin with (but
that's a whole other discussion). I still like film and would like to
stick with it longer until I see a digital system I really like (if
the digital rebel were full-frame it'd be a serious contender in my
books or the epson RD-1 if it were full frame and cheaper). The 5400
II and Coolscan V are around the same price range but then I lose out
on the bulk scanning (and they're slower as well).