[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:51:14 -0700
iddi wrote:

>Any listees have a Konica-Minolta Scan Dual IV (or Scan Elite II)? Reviews
>are near impossible to find, but the manuf. specs are enticing, especially
>given the price of mid $200s brand new for the SDIV (SEII not even on
>B&H's website).

Through SE 5400 II review here
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Minolta%20Dimage/page-1.htm>.
This site also has the best reveiws of the high end flatbed scanners
wthat do high res film scanning.

My conclusion after reading everything I could find is that 5400 doesn't
buy anything over 4000 but bigger files for any film I have images on to
scan.

Some more info and opinions from Ken Rockwell
<http://kenrockwell.com/tech/scanrex.htm>. I don't agree with a few
things he says and/or omits about other scanners, but don't know enough
about the Minoltas to comment. KR doesn't think anything over 3200 dpi
gets you anything more from film, so sees the Scan Dual IV as equal to
the SE 5400 II except for hardware dust removal. The photo-i reviews
show what that means pretty clearly.

Moose