[OM] 35RD problem

Subject: [OM] 35RD problem
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:32:21 +0100
I know it's not an OM, but I was hoping for some help here anyway...

I have a 35RD that I bought knowing the grease had migrated and that it
needed a CLA. I sent it off to Colchester Cameras, and it came back with
the shutter apparently working. Then I discovered another fault, which
they clearly hadn't picked up in the CLA, which is that the lever wasn't
always moving over correctly towards the right aperture, and as such the
aperture was often wrong.

I sent it back, and they kindly "fixed" it under guarantee.

However, it's not fully fixed. Although much, much better, when the
shutter release is depressed slowly it frequently doesn't quite get to
the correct aperture, but falls up to one stop short. This is in manual
mode, so I assume it's happening in auto mode, too. If you press the
button fast, it usually seems to get all the way. Of course, it's not
just the lever position that's out: the aperture itself is also out.

The question is: am I asking too much. Are these cameras just like that,
or is it possible to get it 100% right and reliable, however slowly you
press the shutter release button? If it is possible to be right, then
I'm a bit reluctant to send it back to Colchester as they don't appear
to have the levels of skills required, even though they've had it at
their offices for over two months combined, now. What other options are
open to me? I know these RDs are difficult...

Thanks,

Simon