[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:09:54 -0400
Apart from a quirk with Win98 instructions in the manual I have been pleased
with the results out of my SD-IV. After getting it replaced under warranty I
discovered that the problem was not my specific unit but an issue with the
manual directions being wrong for Win98 performance.

Just for the curious the issue was that the scanner would appear to be stuck
in initialization after power up. It has a status LED on the front that is
supposed to indicate that it the unit is ready by changing from slowly
blinking to being lit solid.  What actually happens is that it does an
initialization thingy and then just keeps on blinking. If you try and start
the program too soon it helpfully tells you to wait for the scanner to
finish initializing (and then gets stuck in that loop requiring a reboot).
So the question then becomes when do you start the program. Well I turn the
computer on wait for it to boot and then turn on the scanner.  My next move
is to go make a cup of tea, upon my return it is ready to go. Something
tells me that KM are not going to distribute my version of the manual... ;)

Dan.