[OM] IS-3 Responses - Thanks!

Subject: [OM] IS-3 Responses - Thanks!
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:39:26 -0500
Thanks for the many responses on my suddenly dead IS-3... the comment about
the zoom getting slower in one direction hit home, as I noticed just before
it went dead that it didn't seem to zoom out as quickly/easily as in, and
it almost seemed that I couldn't get the high speed zoom out to work at
all. The suggestion to "fix what you know" also makes sense to me, so I
think I'll see what I can do about bundling it up and sending it off to NJ
or TX! One question though... the zoom failed about half way extended - are
there any special packing considerations that I need to meet to safely ship
it in that condition? I was thinking about a cardboard tube or something to
support and protect the extended lens from front or side impacts, then the
usual bubble wrap multi-layer covering inside a sturdy box...  Curt