[OM] Re: Minolta Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta Scan Elite II
From: iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:37:37 -0700
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:27:30 -0700, Stephen Scharf
<scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:02:33 -0700
>> Subject: [OM] K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
>> From: iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
>>

>> Any listees have a Konica-Minolta Scan Dual IV (or Scan Elite II)?
>> Reviews
>> are near impossible to find, but the manuf. specs are enticing,
>> especially
>> given the price of mid $200s brand new for the SDIV (SEII not even on
>> B&H's website).
>
> I have have a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II. It's a very good scanner,
> and back in the days when the Earth was a fiery ball of gas and I
> used to shoot film, I was very happy with it. What would you like to
> know?
>
> -Stephen

Apparently it is now discontinued, not being found on B&H etc, but still
listed on KM for some reason--but how does it fare with color negative,
especially as far as getting shadows go. I'll be scanning straight into a
16bit editing utility, and film of choice has been Fuji NPS/NPH/NPZ for
the past few years (low contrast, low saturation, wide latitude)

--
/S
aim:iddibhai