[OM] Comparison of E-1 print and OM film print.

Subject: [OM] Comparison of E-1 print and OM film print.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:55:07 +1200
Hi all,

Today I had two 8 x 12 prints made of panorama shots (unfortunately
different scenes).
One was from the E-1, sharpened twice with Unsharp Mask.
E-1 + ZD 14-45 f/3.5-5.6,  asa 100. Aperture and focal length uncertain at
present..
Camera held in hand firmly against building wall (or on a steel railing).

Second was from the OM4T, Zuiko 35-105 f/3.5-4.5 at f/8 and 105mm, Fuji
Superia Reala asa 100 print film. Camera used in the portrait position, held
down on top of a wooden post set firmly in the ground. Image from a negative
scan was sharpened once with Unsharp mask.

The print from the OM4T / Fuji Reala asa 100, is clearly more sharp; the
detail it holds is just great. The E-1 shot shows the smudging of detail
typical of digital shots being asked to do too much.

I must try more equal comparisons some time soon.

Brian