[OM] Re: Novelty Lens - whopper.

Subject: [OM] Re: Novelty Lens - whopper.
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:48:10 +1000
>This one is interesting, and a reputable dealer -
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
>ViewItem&category=15239&item=7524635534
>Needs a bit of work with a Sharpie. I have heard that they aren't too
>sharp wide open but that was a comment from a Zeiss nut and it is a
>portrait lens after all. Haven't seen one in Om mount before.
>AndrewF

I couldn't help doing a Google on this lens. I recall seeing these lenses
in photo mag ads years ago and thinking "a fast lens for so little money -
what's the catch?"  I never did buy one to see for myself. Has anyone on
the list ever owned one? How did it perform?

I found this quote on a web page:
"Cambridge appears to be selling the SPIRATONE 135mm f/1.8 under its
CAMBRON label."
http://www.tass-survey.org/tass/archive/TARC0013.htm

And when this was written in July 1995 the Spiratone 135/1.8 was selling
for US$139 used. This eB*y guy wants US$250+

Does gold appreciate that fast..?

Andrew McPhee