[OM] Re: Novelty Lens - whopper.

Subject: [OM] Re: Novelty Lens - whopper.
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:44:04 -0400
The 38 Macro for the Pen FT is a rare lens, and the box is even rarer.
Some nut Pen FT collector might bite, but it still looks steep.  Maybe at
$40, it's be reasonable.

Regarding the 135/1.8, $250 is too high, IMO.  I don't know whether the
seller is trying to glom onto the OM cache or thinks that the lens itself
is work that much.  How much would it bring in an M42 mount?

The lens wasn't really that good and given it's poor wide-open performance,
I'd rather use a 135/2.8 Zuiko and get excellent wide-open shots rather
than carry and stop down that monster.  It's a curiosity, IMO, and nowhere
near as good as the other 3rd parth fast lens in that class: the Vivitar
Series 1 135/2.3.

There have been other fast 135's that were very, very good, including those
from Nikon f/2.0, Canon f/2.0, and Pentax f/1.8.

Skip