[OM] Re: This will scare you

Subject: [OM] Re: This will scare you
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:35:42 -0300
on 20/06/2005 12:32, Garry D. Lewis at garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

>> Now I'm going to have to go and put something soothing on the turntable
>> to get the damned tune out of my head ....
>
> TURNTABLE? Wow!

Wow... I bought Ornette Coleman's 'Soapsuds Soapsuds' soon after released,
and almost by chance during an unexpected trip to Buenos Aires.
For years, it's been one of my favourite recordings, if not THE one.

Just this morning, I thought it would be a good idea to buy the CD version
too. A quick googlin', and bad news: released now under Verve label, it's no
longer available, not in the USA neither in Paris.

I was told there *were* three copies at www.gemm.com...... now there's only
ONE near mint LP @ USD 25 :-(

I'm sure mine is in better condition.

Reminds me of a 135/4.5 I wanted to buy.

Recently there was an Ex+ at KEH for $299 _ you can still see it using their
search engine. But I'm being told it was sold just after I showed interest.

Now the remaining Ex+ has oily blades and needs weeks or repair work.

Been there, done what ?????

Fernando.
_Surprised by Soapsuds_