[OM] OT the Walt universal hand-tool? OT ( not deWalt)

Subject: [OM] OT the Walt universal hand-tool? OT ( not deWalt)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:25:07 +1200
Hi all,

I encountered a little repair [non-camera ;-) ] problem and it crossed my mind
that a Dremel tool would be the way to go for finicky grinding and polishing.
So I went to our ever popular auction site.

Dremels are unknown in New Zealand where I live.
We also have mains voltage of 230 - 240, not 110v of the USA.

I found a bewildering variety of choice in the Bay. Because of the voltage
matter, I suspect that a battery model might be the way to go, but even
there, there is great variety choice, and of course I'd still have to charge a
rechargeable battery from 240v mains.

Comment?

Brian