[OM] Re: Cell phones/Italy, as far OT as possible

Subject: [OM] Re: Cell phones/Italy, as far OT as possible
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:28:29 -0700
In San Francisco we have strobe lights at a lot of the stop lights.
The light strobes once during the yellow cycle and again when the
light turns red. The strobe "freezes" a vehicle that has run the
light so police can clearly tell if there's been a violation
(allegedly). The reality of the situation is that the strobe lights
blind everyone approaching the intersections at night. I've nearly
rear-ended someone twice because all I could see was spots.