[OM] Re: FS - ...but need help pricing first

Subject: [OM] Re: FS - ...but need help pricing first
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:29:56 -0600
> Patrick, aside from looking at the auction site, I suggest that you take a
> look at the KEH catalog for an indication of the 'market price'.

  Also, KEH have a service online where they'll give you a quote for
what _they'd_ pay for your stuff:
http://www.keh.com/kqw/quotewiz1a_new.cfm
  is the starting point.

  Now, that gives a value of $621 for an 'EX' 24/3.5 shift, which is
almost certainly less than you could get, but that's the price that KEH
would pay you for it. Checking on something that they have on sale, an
EX+ 90/2 macro sells for $695, and they'd give you $410 for the same
thing, so they'll offer you a bit more than half what they'd sell the
same thing for, for big ticket items at any rate.

  -- dan