[OM] Re: Depth of field calculator

Subject: [OM] Re: Depth of field calculator
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:20:49 +0000
DOF scales and calculations are fine for those folks who also are inclined to
calculate their gas mileage, record their caloric and fat intake, and balance
their checkbook more than twice a year.  Others just don't want to be bothered.
 I couldn't tell you, if my life depended on it, how many calories are in a bag
of Cheetos or which of my lenses have DOF scales, probably because I nearly
never look at the fine print on either bag or lens.  That's why they put that
little silver, pushy-thingy on the side of the Zuikos, or the neat little black
button on the front of the E-1 body.  Nothing like a real-life, real time,
look-see!

For the hopelessly obsessive, there's an easy to use (many who care about this
sort of stuff probably hate and resent "easy to use" stuff) DOF calculator you
can download for free from Digital Light & Color:

http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/

Just click on "Downloads," and it's at the bottom of the first bunch of
freebies.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from