[OM] Re: Now that my winder is fixed... on to the 2n !

Subject: [OM] Re: Now that my winder is fixed... on to the 2n !
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:58:07 +0200
Le mercredi 22 Juin 2005 14:42, John Hermanson a écrit :
> Grease has the consistency of toothpaste. Liquid oil will eventually run
> everywhere. You may be able to find a medium duty white grease at an auto
> parts store. Detents are really rectangular slots, there should not be a
> track between them.  Find a junk body and swap over shutter speed dials.

Thank you very much for your kind help ; I managed to get some motorbike
grease, and applied a really small amount while moving the ring back and
forth, and now the selector is silk smooth, feeling the same as my 1. A
slight fuzz makes me think that it's a bit worn, but I don't think a change
is in order for the moment. I'd rather start saving for a 4Ti while some are
still on the shelves.

--
Manuel Viet