[OM] Comparison of E-series performance and OM-series performance

Subject: [OM] Comparison of E-series performance and OM-series performance
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:47:08 +1200
Hi all,

I have just realised that in one additional respect at least, the test I have
done (and others I probably will do) is less than ideal.

The ZD lens I have seems to be more or less equivalent to the S-series of
Zuikos. Ie, more of a consumer grade than a Pro grade.

See   http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_lens_14mm45.asp

This is the only lens of the E-series for which Olympus America does not
provide MTF graphs etc.

This signifies to me that they have something to hide about the performance
of this lens.

However, I do applaud the fact that they are publishing some data about their
lenses, even if the graphs are so minuscule as to be near illegible. Also, I
really do not comprehend how MTF works, but have a better impression of
how LPM work.

Brian