[OM] Re: Now that my winder is fixed... on to the 2n !

Subject: [OM] Re: Now that my winder is fixed... on to the 2n !
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:23:15 -0600
At 12:40 PM 21/06/2005, Manuel Viet wrote:

>Le mardi 21 Juin 2005 14:34, John Hermanson a écrit :
> > Shutter speed ball bearing should be lubed with a grease, like 023
> > photolube.
>
>Please excuse my question if it looks stupid, but I'm not an english native
>speaker, and I'm not sure that this exact product is available in France, so
>when you speak of a grease, is it because it feels semi-solid (opposite to
>oil which would be liquid) or because it's of animal origin instead of
>vegetal or mineral ?

Manuel:

"Grease" en francais = "la graisse" ou "le lubrifiant (d'auto)"

Vaseline? petroleum jelly is a type of grease.  Greases are generally like
thick pastes or jellies, or like a block of butter (beurre) at room
temperature.  Greases can be of animal, vegetable or mineral origin.

You can probably find #023 Photolube (or something like it) at Micro-Tools
Europa:

      http://www.micro-tools.de/english.htm

Hope this helps.

Garth