[OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now salmon

Subject: [OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now salmon
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:55:20 +1000

On 23/06/2005, at 9:28 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:

>> Egads! I'm almost sorry I brought up the subject of salmon!
>>
>> I'm wondering if it's safe to eat ANY fish at all?
>>

> Yeah, I'm getting worried too.
>
> Anyone know if Tasmanian salmon is ok ?
>
> ...Wayne

Not too bad but - it's fed imported feed which is the probable source/
cause of the mass pilchard wipeout by disease a couple of years back.
Apart from that, just the usual problems of mass intensive farming -
disease, stress, breathing each other's effluent etc. And if it
farmed anywhere near the Derwent Estuary, the attenuated outflow of
the Electrolytic Zinc Company!
Hmmmm.
Squid curry - cheap, tasty and it fights back.
AndrewF