[OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol

Subject: [OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:10:57 +0200

> They're in a "cashing out" phase
> right now because Washington sees it as an economic boost at a time
> when the economy needs all the help it can get.

I love this obsession with "the economy".  Many people have asked why I
studied Japanese, when their economy has been slow for over a decade,
instead of Chinese, whose economy has been booming for over a decade.  I
usually answer: "It's not because the economy is slow that there's no
people living there anymore."

It's about people, not about that virtual number on a virtual thing
called bank account that should virtually always go up as a measurement
of virtual happiness.

Peter.