[OM] An E-1 photo

Subject: [OM] An E-1 photo
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:20:29 +0000
I've been playing with the E-1 and a number of old Zuikos.  I've taken probably
50 or 60 shots of the OM-4Runner, which I find to be pretty much ideal for this
sort of lens testing, with these Zuikoo: 50/2, 90/2, 100/2, 135/2.8, 180/2.8,
180/2.8+1.4X-A, and with these Tamrons: 80-200/2.8, 90/2.8.  They all exceeded
expectations, even at "non-recommended" apertures.

I'll try to shoot some more interesting stuff soon.  Right now I'm observing
the beginning of summer nursing the first summer cold I've had in a long, long
time.  Maybe I caught it crappie fishing, which could be why I'm feeling so
very crappy right now.

Anyway, the only thing bordering on a "keeper" I shot while testing old lenses
is here, followed by a crop of the very middle section.  This is straight out
of the camera, with everything set flat.  I'm still trying to decide which
settings to tweak.  It's probably not as sharp as it might've been if I'd used
even a monopod, but it's what it is.  I'll do better next time.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

I haven't shot much RAW yet, being content with SHQ for lens testing.  And
speaking of RAW, does anybody use the Olympus Studio software?  I've played
with it a little, but I can't say I'm impressed enough to pay $120 for it.

Walt, trying to decide if Jack Daniels or Bushmills is better for a cold

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --