[OM] Re: It's he-e-e-e-re!

Subject: [OM] Re: It's he-e-e-e-re!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:03:33 +0000
Boris, what sort of idiot do you take me for?  What kind of fool would buy a
camera, particularly one costing several hundred dollars, without actually
having a hands-on examination?

Well, I did.  I had read and heard enough here, especially when it failed to
offend Ag Schnozz, who seems particularly picky about camera ergonomics, to
know that it wouldn't be any problem for me.  In the last 50 years, I've used
probably 30 or more different cameras, both still and motion picture.  Only two
have irritated me: my wife's Canon Elph, because it's just too small, and the
Olympus Camedia 2000-Z, because the shutter release and the on/off switch are
too close together, resulting in me using inappropriate language several times
when, meaning to take a picture, I instead turned the &*$%*@ thing off.

Besides, although it's certainly not illegal, there's something definitely
sneaky and more than a little sleazy about going into a brick and mortar store,
playing with and sizing up something you know you're going to buy elsewhere
becauuse of a lower price and not having to pay the 6 percent sales tax.

I did the honorable thing and just winged it.  Besides, looking at the
dimensions, weight and shape of the thing, it seemed to me that it would fit my
hand just about like an OM with a motor drive or winder, which is my standard
outfit.  I was right: it does.  And I think the position of the shutter release
is even better than on a motor drive or winder.

Once again, my blind hog theory worked.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --