[OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations
From: Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:24:37 -0400
With the prices and deals Dell offers ... there is no REAL reason to
look elsewhere. Yeah I know...the support stinks but what can you do?

Keep a few things in mind and visit the following sites for special deal
notices:

www.techbargains.com
www.spoofee.com
www.slickdeals.net

Dell offers different deals and pricing all at the same time. For
example, HOME and SMALL BUSINESS always has different pricing. Usually
in SMALL BUSINESS they dont charge tax or shipping...in home they charge
both. Sometimes you'll find a $500 off coupon for a machine $1299 +  but
in reality...you get better features for a lower priced machine without
the coupon. Read the fine print carefully.

I bought a couple machines for work recently - 1 week the machines were
$599 w/ 17" flat panel display - no cdrw - 256mb ram. Next week the same
machine was $499 shipped with 19" flat panel - free cd-rw and 256mb ram.

These are dirty little tricks Dell plays on consumers.

- Ali