[OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Environment

Subject: [OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Environment
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:39:48 -0700
Heh...no news organization is infallible. The "fair and balanced"
network doesn't even really attempt to provide factual and accurate
information. I worked in television news and print news at different
times in my career and all news outlets have to run corrections. Your
fact-checking standards may require three verifications or even five,
but despite that you'll run something occasionally that will turn out
to be factually inaccurate and you'll have to run a correction.
What's notable about this CBS story isn't that someone fed them a
forged document and they had to run a correction. What's notable is
that the backlash from the right-wing media was so extreme that it
killed all inquiry into whether Bush had actually been AWOL.