[OM] Re: 6/23 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 6/23 fragment of my day
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
Joel,

What a cool shot.  This is a classic example of "figure groups".

> Technical detail:  E-1 saturation menu setting CM2, which
> seems to accentuate green a bit.  The greens match Provia F
> pretty well, I think, which is my preferred film in the
> green country.  Out west, I'm not sure if I will like it so
> much, as I prefer Velvia for rock and sky (for which CM1 may
> be the ticket).

Interesting. Each of us sees something slightly different in the
saturation settings of the E-1.  I do feel that CM2, with -1
contrast, and 5300 WB does seem to match ProviaF very closely.
Going back to 0 contrast (or even +1 if you're feeling lucky)
and a slightly warmer WB (6000 at most) gives a decent rendition
of Velvia.

CM1 (red emphasis) seems to work pretty well where rocks and
dirt are present, but gives cows that radioactive look here in
Iowa!

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com