[OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but

Subject: [OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:27:10 -0400
A certain drug (OK, it was Zoloft,) saved my life.  Literally.  I won't
go into details, but I was seriously, critically depressed because of a
WHMNBN, and sitting in my physician's waiting room (my primary care
physician, who is a saintl,) waiting to see him.  Also in the waiting
room were two pharamceutical representatives who were bad-mouthing
doctors in general, based on their resistance to BELIEVE everything that
they, snot-nosed young kids who were simply sales reps, not real, bona
fide scientists, told them (the docs) to believe.  I was SO incensed
(partly due to my condition, as I was not yet on a proper dose of Zoloft
to relieve my depression,) that I spoke out and shocked the hell out of
them.  They were real assholes, I kid you not.

That experience told me lots about the =business= of the drug
companies.  Not everything is black and white, and I do not judge the
entire industry or its personnel.  But it IS a business, so caveat emptor.

Earl, now free of clinical depression and not on Zoloft.