[OM] Re: Problem with Tamron 35-105/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Problem with Tamron 35-105/2.8
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:02:38 -0400
I agree it needs some professional help as it sounds like the infinity
adjustment has slipped a bit.  Sounds like you're running into the
ininity stop that is supposed to be there but the position of the
focusing group within the focusing collar has slipped and moved forward.
  If you want to take a look yourself you will probably find the
adjustment mechanism under the rubber focusing ring.  It could be a
screw or screws or a piece of tape across adjoining sleeves.

The basic mechanism is two concentric cylinders with the front lens
group on the inside and the focusing collar on the outside.  The
focusing collar runs into a mechanical stop at the infinity end.  Via
loosening screws or removing the tape you have to disconnect the inner
and outer cylinders from each other, rotate the focusing group until
focused at infinity, rotate the focusing sleeve until it hits the
infinity stop and then tighten screws or apply tape to lock the two
pieces together.

Chuck Norcutt