[OM] Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but (OT)

Subject: [OM] Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but (OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:03:20 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> My favorite example in the medical vein is the (Australian) medical
> researcher who discovered Helicobacter pylorii, the bug that causes
> most gastric ulcers....I can't even remember his bloody
> name! He will NEVER be forgiven for being right.

Researcher*s*? Robin Warren and Barry Marshall?

I'd love to be able to say that I'm an Aussie that's proud of and
remembers all of the unsung (could theirs be 'Wild Colonial Boy'?)
heroes of Australian medicine, but I really just did a google

http://www.vianet.net.au/~bjmrshll/features2.html

before bedtime (the cupboards are empty of any Rutherglen-born
sedative, and there's not even a drop that creamy, Irish leg-opener
- doesn't work that way on me, but it *does* make the eyelids, at
least, droop - to wash me off to sleep. I'll try the next chapter
of Mister Melville's book about the big, white sushi banquet. You
know, I think somewhere in there he said something about Australia
being a smaller, but similarly (admirable?) nation to the US, but
that might be because he heard of an aptitude for Nantucket-ish
poesy)

OM content: Captain Ahab was once played by Patrick Stewart,
who played Captain Jean Luc Picard, who was born 335 years to
the day after I was born, and I own an OM1 (and OM40, and 35RC,
and MjuII...)

Cheers,
("Call me...") Marc Too-sober-for-a-Saturday-night Lawrence
Sydney, down the yellow brick road somewhere...