[OM] ICC profiles [was Canon 9950F question]

Subject: [OM] ICC profiles [was Canon 9950F question]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:35:03 -0700
tOM Trottier wrote:

>There are a lot of scanner ICC profiles on the web. See
>    http://www.google.ca/search?q=icc.profiles+scanners+download

This is all for old scanners.

>Got/need any ICC profiles? Load them to
>    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/icc-profiles/
>(kinda empty now...)

Nice idea, Tom. I've loaded my first one.

In the Film Scanner section, you say "For Film Scanners and Printers,
the characteristics of the film or paper also have an effect, so you
should indicate in the name or description which film/paper it applies to."

In the case of film scanners, one may create separate icc profiles for
the scanner itself and for the individual films. Having both potentially
posted to the same location could be confusing. All I have so far is a
few film profiles done in VueScan, but I believe Vyescan applies a
default scanner profile of some kind? So they might not be accurate for
other scanner software until I get a film IT8 target, create a scanner
profile, then redo the film profiles. Not sure, but wouldn't want to
post bad profiles!

I also created a profile for the 300D in VueScan, but need to actually
try it somewhere else before posting it.

Moose