[OM] Re: The Gimp

Subject: [OM] Re: The Gimp
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:11:25 +0200
Le dimanche 26 Juin 2005 13:30, Brian Swale a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I know some of you use The Gimp for image editing, as you have said so.
>
> I find it a most unintuitive program, with unhelpful help files, and I have
> practically given up on it.

The gimp is really intuitive for a unix user ; it happens by accident that a
windows version has been released, but it's dead slow, bug prone, and doesn't
respect the windows style, therefore many windows users don't like it,
probably as much as unix users dislike MDI windows style.

The gimp has been targeted at workstations with at least a 19" crt, a lot of
memory, fast disks, and a X server with virtual desktops. As much as you
don't like popups menu, many unix users love them because they appear right
on the spot you're working on.

The Gimp is not Photoshop, it's different. If you don't like it, buy PS. But
nobody has any interest whatsoever to have another PS (bad) clone.

--
Manuel Viet