[OM] OK, now everyone take a deep breath . . .

Subject: [OM] OK, now everyone take a deep breath . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:37:24 EDT
My delete key is getting used  way too much on the Olympus Mailing  List
lately.  Let's not forget the purpose of this list.

Perhaps it is age or my commitment to the journey, I'm not really  sure. It
probably doesn't make any difference which it is, however it  strikes me as
being sad that we, as human beings, are so intolerant of our  differences.
Some
might say we should celebrate them.  Perhaps a bit  of time to reflect on what
our "rightness" buys us might shift the rudder a tiny  bit.  Most, who have
any introspection at all, would not be  particularly pleased with their
purchase.

What works for me about this list is the sharing of a bit of wit and  wisdom,
some images, a love for photography (both yours and mine), gaining  access to
goods and services I need and in general that it is a resource that  keeps me
learning and sharing about something we all have in common.

What doesn't work (for me) is when we in some form  or another we share our
"rightness" at the expense of someone else  being "wrong."   There is a price
to be paid, in my opinion, for  having to be "oh, so right". The "righteous"
usually are not aware of the  cost to there health and well being.  So maybe we
all need to take a breath  from time to time . . .

Geebee provides me with a breath almost every day.  As I reflect on  his work
and mine, I connect with perhaps what is really important in  life.  As I
prepared some images this morning to be entered in a club  critique/competition
took a breath and reflected.  As I prepared a print  to be mailed to a fellow
photographer and friend, I took a breath and  reflected on our common bond
and what that relationship means to me.   We are not the same and we are more
alike than different.  I neither  know nor care about her politics.  I do know
her images and I know who she  is as a person.  I took a breath and enjoyed
it.

My request this morning is for us all to take a collective deep breath and
enjoy the day.  Enjoy life.  Enjoy a bit of inner  peace.  Share that peace
with others.  [8^)  Bill  Barber