[OM] MR9 and meter non-linearity

Subject: [OM] MR9 and meter non-linearity
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:04:55 -0300
Good morning everyone,

Found a .pdf from Tim Hughes which says: "How To Convert an OM-1/1N to use a
Silver Oxide 357 Cell (Germanium Series Diode Method)"
At the beginning, he says: "Accuracy at high EV values will be lower and
there will be some small meter non-linearity. (aprox 0.4 EV, and some small
temperature sensitivity) This modification is essentially the same as using
a (Criscam) MR9 adapter, but building it into the camera." ...."The 1N34A
should be a very easy part to get as it..." etc.

File should be found at:
<http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/OM1DiodeVer2_1C.pdf>

I'm surprised since I thought the MR9 would give no meter non-linearity.

As you see I'm about to buy an OM-1n (which should be water resistant :-)
but want to be sure about batteries. I know this must have been discussed
hundreds of times but hadn't paid enough attention since I was born OM-2....
;^)

TIA,

Fernando.