[OM] Re: OT - Buy an old camera with film sill inside

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Buy an old camera with film sill inside
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:44:59 +0000
That might work for the Kodacolor II, since it's C-41, although I'm not sure
how thrilled the guys at my neighborhood shop will be to see a roll of 120 film
so old it may be brittle and/or stuck to the paper backing.

As for the Seattle Film Works stuff, I understand that film, being movie stock
ends and pieces, requires special processing.  And surely this outfit has gone
down the drain by now!  I tried their stuff way back in the '70s and was
totally underwhelmed.  The Rocky Mountain folks will process a roll at a flat
$29.85, with a six- to eight-month turnaround, but with no option for develop
only at a reduced price.

Probably doesn't matter, though.  Now I can't find it.  Could it be that I have
actually discarded something?  Maybe there's hope for me getting out from under
all this clutter yet!  If I do come across it, I may try Piers' suggestion and
just soup it in some D-76 and see -- Anyone?  Anyone? -- what develops.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --